Sunday, January 31, 2010

Best ever chocolate chip cookies

 

Since we got a big pile of snow on the ground yesterday and got invited over to our friend's place for a warm chili dinner, I decided to take advantage of the situation and bake up a batch of cookies. I stumbled upon a recipe from Allrecipes.com for the best chocolate chip cookies ever and decided to give them a try.

And you know what? The title of that recipe is not an exaggeration. Those cookies were FABULOUS. They turned out just the way I like them. Thick and chewy and soft. They were just puffy enough to make me happy but chewy enough that everyone else just loved them. I did change a few minor things. I used 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 3/4 cup white sugar (to help with the chewiness) and I was generous with the flour to make sure they didn't flatten out too much.


I took the cookies with us when we trekked through the snow to our friends' place for dinner. The cookies were raved about and all gobbled up before the night was out. I have to say, I'm pretty happy with this recipe and I think it may be my new go to recipe for chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment