Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sometimes food catches you by surprise.

Kev had the bright idea to make blackened chicken wraps for dinner last night. It sounded fine enough so I let him concoct his little creation. It was chicken w/balsamic vinaigrette and Cajun seasoning, rice, black beans, caramelized onions and some salad mix/lettuce wrapped up in a whole wrap tortilla. I didn't really think much about it, I just figured it was a simple slap dash throw it together type of dinner so I didn't take and pictures. (Kev even said, "What, you won't take pictures when I cook dinner?!". Sorry, hon, I didn't expect it to be that good!)

Much to my surprise though it was really, really delicious. The chicken had just enough kick to it, the caramelized onions added a very nice depth of flavor to the wrap and I think I'm finally getting over my bean aversion (they're the kind of food that I'll eat, but won't actively seek out). I liked it so much I made Kev share half of his second wrap with me because I wanted more.

I think I'll definitely have him make this dish more often when I'm not in the mood for cooking. It may have even inspired me to take on the poor man's staple 'beans and rice' one day now that I realize that combination really isn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment