Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Crinkle Cutter

no recipe tonight, just showing off a nifty gadget. my mother has a knack for finding weird little gifts and this year i had this in my stocking. i'm calling it the crinkle cutter, because i'm creative like that.
i attacked a sweet potato yesterday and here are the results:

roasted 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees with salt and pepper.
and yes that is my cookie sheet. it's disgusting, how do people keep theirs looking like new? am i doing something wrong? am i a bad person?

2 comments:

  1. show me a person that has a pristine cookie sheet and i'll show you a person who never cooks with it! mine all look like hell (especially the one i used to catch the fat drippings during the chicken broiling fiasco). i don't mind it so much for my food cooking, but i do cookies exclusively on my stoneware and always on parchment paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, now you have me itchin' to get out my little gizmo and make up waffle fries! :P
    My cookie sheet is a nice, solid brown color. As is my pizza stone (which stays in the oven at all times).
    As long as they're clean, dry, and free of rust, it don't matter.

    ReplyDelete