Saturday, March 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Bread



I need to stay away from Joy the Baker's blog. When I read her blog I get inspired. And hungry. Mostly hungry. I ran across her recipe for peanut butter banana bread and was immediately sucked in by the pictures. I left the web page with the recipe up on my computer all week until I could get a chance to make it (I was waiting for my bananas to ripen). I knew if I made it and kept it here I'd most likely eat the whole loaf in one, maybe two, sittings. So I made it today when Kevin had a brewer's guild meeting so he could take the bread with him after I got my taste.

The bread is quite good. I think maybe my loaf baked a little quicker than hers, the crust was quite...crusty. Maybe next time I'd check it at 45 minutes rather than letting it go the whole 55. But it was still moist and crumby on the inside. It tasted...healthy. In a good way. Probably all that whole wheat and flaxseed meal.  It could've been more banana-y though.

During the course of the week I spent a lot of time catching up on all of the delicious posts from her blog that I had missed. I stumbled across the Chocolate Chip Pancake recipe last night. Can you guess what we had for breakfast this morning?



Kevin gets the credit here, he made these delicious, fluffy, chocolately stacks of heaven. More browsing brought me to her Shrimp and Grits recipe and that is totally going to be dinner one night this week.

Have I mentioned on here that I'm doing weight watchers and have lost 36lbs so far? While eating food like this? That's why that plan is so wonderful. No foods are off limits. Portion control for dummies! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment