Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good food.

It's been a good two weeks for food. I haven't been documenting it as much as as should but it sure has been tasty. I've been eating a lot more leftovers for lunch during the week the past few weeks. Kevin and I get together and walk for about a half hour around downtown and then I come back and spend the rest of the time with my lunch. I've had tasty soup, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, pasta with italian sausage and it was all much better than some low calorie frozen dinner that bland and tasteless.

This week I tried out two weight watcher recipes that turned out really well. One was for a marinated lime chicken breast and the other was for a spicy mushroom soup. I'll definitely be making the soup more often. As far as weight watchers recipes go it was really darn tasty. I find them often to be lacking in flavor and need a bit of tweaking but this one was spot on. It's chock full of veggies and it's very filling. 5 points for 1 1/2 cups. Not a bad deal at all. Also, I've decided that I do like mangos. Yay for new fruit to eat! We had it last night in a tasty mango salsa w/ some baked salmon.



My favorite thing I've been eating since last week though is some granola that I made. I followed Alton Brown's recipe for granola. I forgot the coconut, added pecans, and I used dried cherries instead of raisins  and I've been having it mixed in with some Stony Field Farm's low fat vanilla yogurt. About a half cup of yogurt w/ third cup to a half cup of granola mixed it. It's slightly sweet, slightly salty, very crunchy and very, very addicting. It makes a great breakfast or a little smaller serving is a great snack. I'm almost out of granola and I plan on making another batch this weekend. It's been a nice break from cereal.

Tonight is lemon ricotta pasta with chicken. If it's tasty enough I'll take pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment