Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A meal that isn't chicken!

Look ma! No chicken! I broke out of the chicken rut and tried my hand at some enchiladas from the Budget Bytes blog.



I did take a picture of my enchilada on a plate but it was a decidedly less appetizing photo. Though if you really want to see it, go here.)These enchiladas were pretty good. Not really a replacement for going out to a mexican restaurant (no endless tortilla chips and cheese dip!) and I actually really prefer the shredded chicken enchiladas from those restaurants. But they weren't bad and I don't consider it a failed experiment. They were pretty easy to put together but I don't know how often I'll make this recipe though. It makes a crap ton of food and unfortunately they don't really reheat well. Kevin and I had the leftovers for dinner tonight and the wraps were soggy and kind of mushy (I even did it the slow way and reheated them in the oven). So that's a downer.

To sum up, this recipe was a nice break from chicken (though it probably would've been better if I made it with chicken) but the left overs do not reheat well.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. What recipe did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this recipe. I'd say you could customize it in a number of different ways. If I did it again I'd probably try it with chicken and half the recipe so there wouldn't be left overs to deal with. But that shouldn't be a problem since you have a whole family to feed.:)

    http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2009/06/oooooh-enchiladas.html

    ReplyDelete