Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cooking with Manda and Boo!

I got to make a nice visit up to see dear Manda this weekend. We took the opportunity to do some cooking together.

The theme seemed to be yellow food.

We had homemade mac and cheese with bacon.



This was super easy and delicious. I may not ever go back to making mac and cheese from a box ever again.

Then we had lemon curd with short bread crust for dessert.



The curd was deliciously lemony, if a wee bit too sweet. The short bread crust stuck to the pie plate however and when we actually tried to serve slices it was more like...chiseling out stone covered in pudding. Delicious, but definitely not pretty. I'm thinking this recipe may be improved by making short bread cookies and spreading lemon curd on them.

I'll definitely give the recipes another try. Kevin really seemed to like it (after knocking on the poor broken apart scoops for a good half hour) and I'm still into my lemon phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment